Abraham Sarfatij and Franciska Weening

Abraham Sarfatij and Franciska Weening married in Amsterdam, Holland, on 29 August 1925. Abraham was a Chazan in a Portuguese-Israelite synagogue. Here is what happened to them, and to their six children.

Their oldest son, Joseph Sarfatij, born 21 December 1926, was murdered in Sobibor, Poland, on 21 May 1943. He was 16 years old. The other children, Rosa, Israel Abraham, Annetta, Benjamin, Ruth Clara were transported to Oświęcim, Poland, together with their parents, Abraham and Franciska. Oświęcim is also known as Auschwitz. There they were collectively murdered, on 27 August 1943.

There is no remnant of this family.

I will show grace to whom I shall show grace. I will be merciful to whom I shall be merciful. I will be who I shall be (Shemot 33:19, 3:14).

Popular posts from this blog

Megillah 10 (1595) 156

First Book Of Yehoshua

Some Devarim